The Western NSW Medicare Local:
- Provide a central point in each community to assist individuals to identify where they can access the services that they need.
- Clearly understand each community’s health care needs, and work with all stakeholders to plan and deliver appropriate and integrated primary health services.
- Work with General Practice, Nurses and Allied Health Providers to support best practice, and address workforce shortages.
- Work closely with the Local Health District to improve the patient journey between health care services in the community and hospitals.
- Be accountable to local communities to make sure that services are effective, affordable and accessible.
Western NSW Medicare Local will have a critical planning, coordination and integration role, to bring all parts of the primary health care system together. For further information on Medicare Locals click here
Women’s Health Matters13-Mar-2014
Mental Health Professionals Network20-Mar-2014
Hepatitis C s100 Prescriber Course22-Mar-2014
Women’s Health Matters26-Mar-2014
Youth Health Forum26-Mar-2014
Current issues in Cardiology27-Mar-2014
Skins alive workshop29-Mar-2014
STIs, HIV Shared Care and Sexual Dysfunction29-Mar-2014
Perioperative anaesthetic nursing04-Apr-2014
2014 nab Family Fun Challenge06-Apr-2014
Ability Links information session09-Apr-2014
Yarning about Cancer and Palliative Care09-Apr-2014
Ability Links information session10-Apr-2014
Women’s Health Community Forum10-Apr-2014
NSW Pharmacy in focus: Aged Care Conference12-Apr-2014
Everything you need to know about Cannabis29-Apr-2014
World Asthma Day Symposium 201408-May-2014
2014 SARRAH National Conference17-Sep-2014
- Wednesday Whistler 12 March 2014 0 mins ago
- headspace: Young people remain hesitant to get professional support 21 hours 4 mins ago
- NSW Rural Doctors Network Rural GP Survey 10-Mar-2014
- Wednesday Whistler 5 March 2014 05-Mar-2014
- Wednesday Whistler 26 February 2014 26-Feb-2014