The Western NSW Medicare Local:
- Provide a central point in each community to assist individuals to identify where they can access the services that they need.
- Clearly understand each community’s health care needs, and work with all stakeholders to plan and deliver appropriate and integrated primary health services.
- Work with General Practice, Nurses and Allied Health Providers to support best practice, and address workforce shortages.
- Work closely with the Local Health District to improve the patient journey between health care services in the community and hospitals.
- Be accountable to local communities to make sure that services are effective, affordable and accessible.
Western NSW Medicare Local will have a critical planning, coordination and integration role, to bring all parts of the primary health care system together. For further information on Medicare Locals click here
Health Professionals Events
Nicotine: Yesterday, today and tomorrow29-Jul-2014
Vital Signs - Respiratory29-Jul-2014
Educational and Practical Training IMPLANON NXT 30-Jul-2014
Youth Mental Health First Aid02-Aug-2014
Breakfast with Scott McLachlan - Orange06-Aug-2014
Youth health Forum06-Aug-2014
An introduction to sand therapy workshop07-Aug-2014
Training For Change Bathurst August 201407-Aug-2014
Evening with Scott McLachlan - Dubbo11-Aug-2014
A palliative Approach – a dying child13-Aug-2014
Yarning about Cancer14-Aug-2014
Asthma: A new therapeutic option15-Aug-2014
Evening with Scott McLachlan - Bathurst01-Sep-2014
Nicotine Dependence and Smoking Cessation03-Sep-2014
Rural Health Horizons09-Sep-2014
Connecting minds conference12-Sep-2014
2014 SARRAH National Conference17-Sep-2014
Medicine for the Rural Curious24-Oct-2014
Pain Management Symposia 201424-Oct-2014
Cessation Network Meeting20-Nov-2014
World Indigenous Health Conference15-Dec-2014
- Wednesday Whistler 23 July 2014 23-Jul-2014
- headspace Bathurst offers mental health first aid to all sporting and social clubs 18-Jul-2014
- Fad diets: more harm than good 18-Jul-2014
- Wednesday Whistler 16 July 2014 16-Jul-2014
- Wednesday Whistler 9 July 2014 09-Jul-2014