The Western NSW Medicare Local:
- Provide a central point in each community to assist individuals to identify where they can access the services that they need.
- Clearly understand each community’s health care needs, and work with all stakeholders to plan and deliver appropriate and integrated primary health services.
- Work with General Practice, Nurses and Allied Health Providers to support best practice, and address workforce shortages.
- Work closely with the Local Health District to improve the patient journey between health care services in the community and hospitals.
- Be accountable to local communities to make sure that services are effective, affordable and accessible.
Western NSW Medicare Local will have a critical planning, coordination and integration role, to bring all parts of the primary health care system together. For further information on Medicare Locals click here