Welcome to Western NSW Medicare LocalThe Western NSW Medicare Local is a coordinating body for primary care (out of hospital) services, gathering information about the health needs of the region, and connecting local services. We work with communities and service providers to help consumers to access the right care in the right place at the right time.
The Western NSW Medicare Local will:
- Provide a central point in each community to assist individuals to identify where they can access the services that they need.
- Clearly understand each community’s health care needs, and work with all stakeholders to plan and deliver appropriate and integrated primary health services.
- Work with General Practice, Nurses and Allied Health Providers to support best practice, and address workforce shortages.
- Work closely with the Local Health District to improve the patient journey between health care services in the community and hospitals.
- Be accountable to local communities to make sure that services are effective, affordable and accessible.
Western NSW Medicare Local will have a critical planning, coordination and integration role, to bring all parts of the primary health care system together. For further information on Medicare Locals click here